EMPLOYMENT IMMIGRATION & COMPLIANCE
Johnson, Blumberg & Associates’ immigration team assists public and private corporations in a variety of industries with their immigration law needs. We help businesses with their staffing demands, global mobility programs, and compliance requirements. As a minority-certified law firm, we have the ability to provide services in more than ten languages. Here is the short list of our services:
Nonimmigrant Employment-Based Visas, The most common include the following:
· Nonimmigrant employment visa petitions, including TN (Canadians and Mexican NAFTA workers), H-1B (specialty occupation workers), O-1(foreigners with exceptional ability), H-2 (seasonal workers), H-3 (trainees), L-1A/B (intracompany management, executive and professional transferees), E-2 (treaty investors), E-1(treaty traders), B-1 (temporary business visitors), B-2 (tourist visitors) and J-1 (exchange visitors).
Permanent Employment-Based Immigration:
· EB-1: Multinational manager or executives, outstanding researchers, and foreigners with extraordinary ability
· EB-2: Positions requiring a master's degree, a bachelor's degree and five years experience, or National Interest Waiver;
· EB-3: Positions requiring a bachelor's degree (first category) Jobs requiring two years experience (second category; skilled worker) Unskilled workers (third category)
· EB-4: Certain special immigrations (various groups)
· EB-5: Investment opportunity (you get a green card because you start/run a business that employs American workers)
Corporate immigration compliance:
Compliance services related to I-9 employment verification and E-Verify, Department of Labor investigations of H-1B, PERM programs, and I-9 files, along with other compliance and enforcement actions.
FAMILY BASED IMMIGRATION
JBA’s immigration team has significant experience handling family-based immigration matters, asylum matters, and removal defense cases. More precisely, we handle cases in which US citizens and green card holders sponsor their family members to become residents in the United States; we help refugees and asylum seekers in their applications in front of the Office of Asylum and Immigration Court; and finally, we defend our clients in their removal proceedings.
We have handled cases and appeals in front of the Immigration Court, Board of Immigration Appeal, Administrative Appeals Office, the Department of Labor, and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals. Some of the types of cases that we handle are as follows:
Family-based petitions and adjustment of status
Helping undocumented individuals become legal residents through sponsorships by their family members.
Advising U.S. citizen clients who wish to petition for their foreign-born fiancé, and obtain immigration benefits for him or her.
Application for Naturalization
Assisting immigrants become U.S. Citizen through the process of Naturalization.
Waivers of Inadmissibility
Advising certain foreign nationals about obtaining a waiver of inadmissibility. Even if they are inadmissible to the United States, through the waiver of inadmissibility they can still be eligible for an immigrant visa, adjustment of status, or certain other immigration benefits.
Cancellation of Removal and Prosecutorial Discretion
Defending clients in front of the Immigration Court in any removal proceeding.
Asylum applications, Withholding of Removal and Protection under CAT
Advocating for refugees and asylum seekers in front of the Asylum Office and Immigration Court so that they can receive protection against prosecution.
Temporary Protected Status
Processing TPS applications for certain eligible nationals of designated countries who are allowed to stay in the United States with employment authorization on a temporary basis.
Petition for Victims of Domestic Violence
Protecting victims of domestic violence who may self-petition for themselves without relying on their abusive U.S. citizen spouse or legal permanent spouse.
U visa for victim of certain crimes
Obtaining immigration benefits for victims of certain crimes and their immediate family members who have suffered substantial mental and physical abuse and are willing to help law enforcement agencies.
Immigration Court hearing
Represent clients in their Master and Individual Hearings.
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
Protecting individuals that have arrived as children under President Obama’s executive action.
Stay of Removal & Application for Prosecutorial Discretion
Protecting foreign-born individuals from removal.
Please contact us for a consultation so that we can determine your eligibility!